Who we are
Our website address is: https://rmglogistics.com.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and we believe it should be easy for you to understand our data and privacy practices. We aim to explain in clear language what information we collect, how we use it, and the choices and controls you have.
Information about you
1.1. We may collect and process personal information from you in various ways, for example, if you:
- contact us by phone, email, online using a form on a website, face-to-face or otherwise in writing;
- request further information about a service we provide;
- fill out an online form
- participate in our discussion boards on a website or social media platform;
- enter a competition or prize draw;
- complete a survey;
- visit our Website (please see the ‘Cookies Policy); or
- report a problem with a website, product or service.
1.2. The type of personal information we collect includes your name, job title, company, postal address, email address, phone number if you choose to provide such details.
Information we receive from other sources
2.1. We work closely with third parties, for example, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, and may receive Personal Data about you from them.
2.2. We may record information about you that is available publicly from sources like LinkedIn, corporate websites, related industry websites online directories. We may then research and record further details about you by contacting your company directly or searching online.
2.3. If you use the messaging service on our Website, we have access to those communications.
2.4. If you use our pages on social media platforms, then we may collect any Personal Data which you provide via those platforms in accordance with the policies of the applicable platform.
Personal Data about other people
Uses we make of Personal Data
3.1. We may use the Personal Data that you provide to us or that we receive from third parties in the following ways:
- Direct marketing purposes: where you have expressly consented to us doing so in accordance with applicable law, you have purchased services or products from us or we otherwise have a legitimate interest or legal right, we may contact you by telephone or electronic message (e.g. email) for the purposes of providing information on our services and products. We may also contact you by post from time to time, unless you have told us that you do not want to receive these communications. If you wish to update your Personal Data or opt-out of receiving further marketing communications from us get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transactional purposes: we may process your Personal Data to provide you with the information that you request from us, to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website and services when you choose to do so.
- Website administration and improvement: we may process your Personal Data to manage your access to RMG Logistics Ltd content and resources, and the access by authorized users within your organization; to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or mobile device (see our Cookies Policy); to notify you about changes to our products, services or Website(s); as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure, and for troubleshooting.
- Marketing analysis and online marketing: to analyze Personal Data with a view to identifying how we can improve our marketing materials; provide you with a view to identifying how we can improve our marketing materials; provide you with products or services that can help to grow your business and send you marketing materials accordingly; to make suggestions and recommendations to you on our Website about services that may interest you; to match the email we hold for you to your Facebook account in order to target advertising to that account.
- Internal administration and analysis: data analysis, research, statistical and survey analysis; to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- Legal compliance: to comply with any relevant legal obligations.
4.1. Please note that we may occasionally use Personal Data to conduct profiling of individuals on our database. This will help us target communications in a more focused, efficient and cost-effective way, helping us reduce the chances of individuals receiving inappropriate or irrelevant communications. to do this profiling we:
4.1.1. may cross-check certain Personal Data against public sources (such as a company website) to get a better understanding of who the individuals on our database are; and
4.1.2. Track your online behaviour in response to our emails and on our Website.
4.2. You can object to such use of your Personal Data for profiling at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
5.1. We collect and process your Personal Data in accordance with the applicable laws that regulate data protection and privacy.
5.2. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the ‘Act’), the data controller is RMG Logistics Ltd whose company number is 4505375 and the registered address is Unit 46, Kelvin Way Trading Estate. Kelvin Way, West Bromwich, West Midlands, B70 7TP.
Disclosing Personal Data to third parties
6.1. We never sell, trade or rent Personal Data.
6.2. We may disclose your Personal Data to the extent necessary to the following third parties: Authorities, companies and advisors for legal reasons. We may disclose Personal Data to other companies and organizations for the purposes of crime prevention and fraud protection or if we are otherwise under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions or other agreements between us; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of RMG Logistics Ltd, our Websites users, our customers, or others.
Where we store your Personal Data
7.1. The data that we collect from you may be processed by staff who work for us. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting personal data, you acknowledge that this transfer, storing or processing may occur.
We will retain certain Personal Data in respect of financial transactions for as long as the law requires us to for tax or accounting purposes (which in the UK may be up to six years after a particular transaction). In respect of the holding of Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, we will retain this data for five years from the date your last interaction with us. We believe this period reflects our business cycle, as individuals may get in contact after some time.
Our Website uses cooked to distinguish you from other users of our Websites. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them, see our Cookies Policy.
We employ appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect Personal Data from being accessed by unauthorized persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We also endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect Personal Data from external threats. However, please be aware that there are always inherent risks in sending information by public networks or using public computers and we cannot 100% guarantee the security of all data disclosed or transmitted to us.
Our Website and social media accounts may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or the processing of your data by those websites. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
12.1. In accordance with your legal rights under applicable law, you can request information about the Personal Data that we hold about you, what we use that Personal Data for and who it may be disclosed to.
12.2. You can also request that we:
- correct Personal Data that we hold about you which is inaccurate or incomplete;
- erase your Personal Data without undue delay;
- no longer use your Personal Data for marketing purposes (please see the ‘Direct Marketing’ section above.
12.3. Please note that RMG Logistics Ltd is not required to rectify or erase your data where doing so would prevent you from meeting your contractual obligations to RMG Logistics Ltd or where RMG Logistics Ltd is legally required to retain copies of your Personal Data.
12.4. If you would like to exercise any of the rights set out above, please write to our contact at the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where applicable law allows, we require further information to verify your identity or locate the specific information you seek before we can respond in full.