A bit about us…
We are a family run business based in West Bromwich, West Midlands, established in 2002. This year we celebrate our 21st company Anniversary! We provide a reliable door to door ‘De-Stress Express’ and Contract Delivery Service in the UK. We are committed to ‘De-Stressing’ supply problems and providing a ‘World-Class’ Service to our customers.
We will offer £11.72 p/hour (to be revised in due course), 42.5 hours p/week guaranteed.
(Part-Timer could be considered.)
*Operationally flexible hours to suit consignment availability, which may include early mornings and late evenings.
A bit about you…
- You will have Excellent customer service skills.
- You will be a proactive person, with good attention to detail.
- You will take instructions well.
- Have strong communication skills and be able to liaise daily with customers, our transport office and our team.
- Be a good driver with a clean licence and a thorough understanding of road safety.
- You will have patience to tolerate long drives and heavy traffic.
- Be capable of working alone and as part of our team.
- You will be passionate about doing your job to the highest standard.
- Take pride in your work and in representing rmg logistics Ltd.
Key Tasks / Responsibilities
- Ensure all loads are secured and safe before driving.
- Safe and accurate delivery of customers’ orders.
- Promptly notify transport office of any delays.
- Be compliant with driver’s hours and tachograph regulations.
- Complete all paperwork, ensuring all Proof of Deliveries are signed and all company/procedural paperwork is completed.
- Carry out daily vehicle checks to ensure roadworthiness and compliance with VOSA and report any defects to the relevant member of staff.
- Maintain standards of cleanliness and security of your assigned vehicle.
- Establish friendly working relationships with customers and dealing with any enquiries professionally.
You will need:
- 2 years of Class 2 Driving Experience *this is essential
- A clean UK Manual Driving Licence
- Up to date Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC)
- A valid Digital Tachograph Card
- Company uniform supplied
- Company Pension Scheme
- 25 Days paid holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Onsite Parking
What we value most at rmg logistics Ltd is personality and work ethic. If you believe you are the right person to join our rmg team, we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV along with a covering letter highlighting your strengths and what you could bring to our team.